Scones are easy to make and do not take much time or effort to prepare. These were so delicious that they did not last a day 🙂
- 340g self-raising flour
- 85g butter
- 55g caster sugar
- 125ml milk
- 60ml natural yoghurt
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Pre-heat oven to 200c/180c fan/ Gas Mark 6
- Mix the dry ingredients (flour, salt and sugar) in a bowl. Rub the butter in the mix until it looks like breadcrumbs.
- Mix the milk and yogurt and stir into the mixture. Work it together until a soft dough is formed.
- Take the dough onto a floured board and knead lightly until you get a smooth surface.
- Flatten out the dough into an even thickness of about 2cm
- Use a 5cm cutter or a small cup, cut out 8-12 scones and place them onto a baking tray. I managed to get 9 scones.
- You can also gather the trimmings and reshape to make another scone. These trimmings will not be an even shape but they will do just as well.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 12-15 minutes until golden brown. Mine were done at 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool.