It might be chilly and wet outside but this drink will make you feel warm and fuzzy inside. This is the best remedy for battling flu/colds. This drink is also great for weight loss (allegedly).
Why this is the best remedy in my opinion:
- Lemon- it is high in Vitamin C which helps keep the immune system strong, reducing inflammation and swelling.
- Ginger- Helps the body sweat out the toxins which is an effective way to fight a cold/flu. Ginger is also great for settling nausea and vomiting.
- Honey- Helps to soothe a sore throat. Best natural cough suppressant.
- 1 lemon
- 30g Ginger
- 2 tbsp honey (if you are using any)
- Wash and slice the lemon. Keep the skin on
- Peel and slice the ginger. Quantity of ginger is up to you.
- Place both the ginger and lemon in a pot filled with water and bring to boil.
- Sieve the mixture and enjoy. You can add honey at this point if you wish.
You can refrigerate the drink for at least 12 hours for more flavour. Ginger produces the best flavour after 2 days. I keep mine for as long as 5 days.