This is a simple recipe for making delicious muffins. I love this recipe. It’s easy to make and my muffins always come out perfect. This recipe should make 20 muffins.
- 2 medium eggs
- 125ml vegetable oil
- 250ml milk
- 100g golden caster sugar
- 400g self-raising flour (or if you are using plain flour, add 3 tsp baking powder)
- 1 tsp salt
- Pre-heat oven to 200C/180C fan/Gas Mark 6.
- Line two muffin trays with muffin cases.
- In a large bowl beat two medium eggs lightly with a handheld electric mixer for 1 min and add caster sugar. Continue to mix until smooth.
- Add all the wet ingredients into the batter mix (vegetable oil and milk) and beat until combined. Careful not to over mix the batter as this will make the muffins tough.
- Fold in the self-rising flour and one tsp salt using a wooden spoon until well combined.
- You can add dried fruit at this point or and other additions you may want to use.
- Fill the prepared muffin cases to at least two-thirds. Try not to overfill them as the batter will spill over while baking.
- Bake for 20-25 mins, until the muffins are risen and firm to the touch (If the trays will not fit on 1 shelf, swap the shelves around after 15 mins of cooking).
- Leave the muffins in the muffin trays to cool for a few mins and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Serve the muffins with tea or your choice of beverage. You can store the muffins for at least a week. Enjoy!