Sweet Potatoes are a starchy and sweet tasting root vegetable that can be boiled, fried or baked. Sweet potatoes are very nutritious. They are a good source of fibre, Calcium, Vitamin B & C and Potassium. Baked sweet potatoes are great by themselves or as a side dish for lunch or dinner. Check out the recipe below.
- 3 Sweet potatoes
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 pinch of salt/black pepper
- Baking tray
- Preheat oven to 180C/fan 160C/Gas Mark 4.
- Wash the sweet potatoes, dry them and rub with olive oil, salt and black pepper.
- Prick the potatoes with a fork and place on the baking tray.
- Bake in the oven on a baking tray for 40 mins or until thoroughly cooked through. Give them more time if they require it.
- You can wrap the potatoes in foil if you want a smoother skin. I baked mine without the foil. I wanted a crispy skin.
- Once they are cooked, cut a line in the top and gently break them open.
- Your potatoes are ready to serve. You can top up with any servings you want. I made beef and salad to go with these.
You can make plenty of sweet potatoes for the week and refrigerator them for 3-4 days. This makes them excellent for meal preps. You can also freeze them for later consumption.