- Olive oil
- 4 peppers
- 2 onions roughly chopped
- 200g beef mince
- 1 garlic clove
- 1tbsp tomato puree
- 1/2 dried thyme
- 1 beef stock
- 200g cooked basmati rice
- 3 tbsp flat parsley
- 2 Aubergines
- 400g chopped tomatoes
- freshly ground black pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 200c/fan 180c/Gas Mark 6.
- Cook the rice if you haven’t already.
- Cut the top off the peppers, remove the seeds and set aside.
- Heat some oil in a pan until medium hot and cook the onions and garlic for 2-3 minutes until softened.
- Add the mince and fry until just browned. You can turn up the heat to speed up the process.
- Add tomato puree, dried thyme (or fresh if have any).
- Let the beef mixture cook for 2 minutes and then add the beef stock and 300 ml water. Allow the beef to cook for a further 5 minutes.
- In an oven proof dish or a baking tray, place the 4 peppers up and fill them half way with rice. Divide the beef mixture between the peppers, packing it lightly, scatter some parsley on top.
- Cover the peppers with foil and bake in the oven for 25 minutes until tender.
- While the peppers bake, chop up the aubergines and the onion.
- Place the chopped aubergines into a pan and put on a medium hob. Add the onions, 400g of chopped tomatoes, 1 tsp salt and 200 ml water. You can add any spices you want but it is better without.
- Set the hob to high and let the mixture simmer for 10-15 mins. The aubergines should be cooked through and almost look like mash.
- After 25 mins, the peppers should be cooked and slightly softened. Check them through, if they are not, leave them in the oven for another 10 mins.
Top the stuffed peppers with flat/fresh parsley. Serve the peppers with your cooked aubergines. Enjoy!!