This recipe is updated from BBC Food. Check out the original recipe here. Chocolate Marble cake is very artistic and creates a delicious and beautiful desert.
- 225 g butter
- 200 g caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 225 g self-raising flour
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- Heat oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4 and grease a 20 cm cake tin and line the bottom with a circle of grease proof paper.
- Put the butter, caster sugar, 4 eggs, self-raising flour, milk and vanilla extract into a food processor and let it run for 2 mins until smooth.
- Divide the mixture between 2 bowls. Stir 2 tbsp cocoa powder into the mixture in one of the bowls. Spoon the chocolate and vanilla mixture alternatively into the tin.
- When all the mixture has been used up, tap the bottom of the tin on the surface to ensure that there aren’t any air bubbles.
- Use a skewer or a knife and swirl it around the mixture in the tin a few times to create a marbled effect.
- Bake the cake for 55 mins until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Place the cake onto a cooling rack and leave to cool.
N.B: The cake can keep for up to 3 days. Or you can freeze it for later consumption.
Check out this Victoria Sponge cake recipe.